Apple Crisp Bircher Muesli
Using our grandma’s recipe as inspiration, we created this as a hearty breakfast or a ready-to-go snack any time of day for babies, toddlers or the whole family.
||5 minutes, refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or overnight
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 red apple, grated
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
2 pouches Baby Gourmet Old Fashioned Apple Crisp link to product page
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, apple, cinnamon, Baby Gourmet, juice and yogurt. Cover and place in refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- For BABY 7+ months: Remove ¼ cup of muesli and purée/pulse in mini processor with 1 tbsp. of liquid of choice, until desired consistency is reached.
- For BABY 10+ months: Remove ½ cup muesli.
- For the rest of the FAMILY: In a small frying pan, heat almonds and sesame seeds on high, lightly toasting until slightly brown. Stir into the chilled muesli. Top with fresh berries.
||For picky eaters, omit the almonds and sesame seeds.