• Can be made gluten free by using brown rice linguine noodles
Vegetable Beef & Barley Stew
This was our #1 selling product at the farmers market. This family recipe has been adapted to become one of baby’s favourites. It’s the perfect comfort food, a hearty meal the whole family will love!
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic, crushed
1 large onion, diced
4 celery stalks, sliced
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 cups mushrooms, peeled and sliced
6 cups chicken stock
½ cup pearl barley
4 small potatoes, half-inch cubes (18 minis quartered)
4 oz. stewing beef, quarter-inch cubes
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp. sea salt (to taste)
2 tbsp. Montreal steak seasoning
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots and mushrooms, sauté another 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Add chicken stock, barley, potatoes and beef. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer on low for 50 minutes.
- For BABY 8 months+: Remove ½ cup of stew and pulse in mini processor until chunky consistency is reached. Cool and serve.
- For the rest of the FAMILY: Season with salt and Montreal seasoning. Serve.