• Can be made gluten free by using brown rice linguine noodles
Turkey Leftovers Pot Pie
Got holiday leftovers? Here’s one of my favourite recipes for using up cooked turkey, mashed potatoes and veggies – making your delicious leftovers twice as nice.
2 tbsp. butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 rib celery, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
¼ tsp. each salt and pepper
1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups sodium reduced chicken stock
3 cups cooked turkey, diced
2 tbsp. fresh sage, thinly sliced
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1-2 cups cooked leftover veggies, chopped (such as brussel sprouts, carrots, peas)
½ cup evaporated milk or half & half
3 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, celery, sweet potato, salt and pepper for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened and potato is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, veggies, sage and nutmeg; cook until turkey is heated, about 4 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour turkey mixture into a casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- For BABY: Remove ½ cup potpie and pulse in the mini processor 5-15 times, with 3 tbsp. milk until desired consistency is reached. Cool and Serve.
- For the rest of the FAMILY: Serve.