Jen's spring twist on traditional hummus.
Turkey Leftovers Pot Pie
Got holiday leftovers? Here’s one of my favourite recipes for using up cooked turkey, mashed potatoes and veggies – making your delicious leftovers twice as nice.
2 tbsp. butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 rib celery, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
¼ tsp. each salt and pepper
1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups sodium reduced chicken stock
3 cups cooked turkey, diced
2 tbsp. fresh sage, thinly sliced
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1-2 cups cooked leftover veggies, chopped (such as brussel sprouts, carrots, peas)
½ cup evaporated milk or half & half
3 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, celery, sweet potato, salt and pepper for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened and potato is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, veggies, sage and nutmeg; cook until turkey is heated, about 4 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour turkey mixture into a casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- For BABY: Remove ½ cup potpie and pulse in the mini processor 5-15 times, with 3 tbsp. milk until desired consistency is reached. Cool and Serve.
- For the rest of the FAMILY: Serve.