Summer Strawberry Quinoa Salad
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- sea salt
½ cup quinoa
¼ cup jicama, peeled and diced
2 apricots, diced (fresh or sulfate free dried)
½ zucchini, diced
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1 cup strawberries, quartered
½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in a medium saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine jicama, apricots, zucchini, avocadoes, yellow peppers, quinoa and strawberries. In a separate small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad, toss to combine and refrigerate. Serve cold.