• Can be made gluten free by using brown rice linguine noodles
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
A classic single ingredient puree, a perfect first food with a natural creamy texture and earthy sweetness. Sweet potatoes mix well with everything. Chalked full of beta carotene and C- vitamins.
• Gluten Free
• Dairy Free
• Suitable for Freezing
• Makes 2 cups (4 – ½ cup servings)
Tid Bits: Sweet Potatoes are a dark orange vegetable, supplying plenty of Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene, for healthy eyes and skin. Remember to offer your baby lots of veggie variety though - too much betacarotene can cause their skin to take on a golden hue!
• Peel and cube sweet potatoes
• Bring water to a boil in a saucepan with a steamer insert. Reduce heat to medium, add potatoes cover and steam for 12-15 minutes, until tender.
• Transfer potatoes to a blender and puree until very smooth, adding steaming liquid to thin out consistency.
2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and halved length-wise
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet
- Roast until tender when pierced with a knife, about 25 30 minutes
- Let sit to slightly cool then remove the flesh from the skin and place In a food processor with ½ cup water. Puree until smooth, adding more water in 1 tbsp. increments until smooth consistency is reached