Jen's spring twist on traditional hummus.
Orange Banana Buttermilk Muffins
Whether you’re racing to soccer practice or getting ready for the school bus, these tasty muffins are the perfect on-the-go item for your family’s healthy breakfast or snack.
2 cups spelt flour
½ cup oatmeal
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. salt
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup buttermilk
2 bananas, ripe and mashed
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir until combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- To make the crumb topping, mix oats, brown sugar and flour in a small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles a coarse mixture.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, sprayed with cooking spray or lined with paper cups. Top each cupcake with a tablespoon of crumb topping.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack in the tin for 5 minutes then remove from rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container in fridge.