Making your delicious leftovers twice as nice.
Orange Banana Buttermilk Muffins
Whether you’re racing to soccer practice or getting ready for the school bus, these tasty muffins are the perfect on-the-go item for your family’s healthy breakfast or snack.
2 cups spelt flour
½ cup oatmeal
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. salt
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup buttermilk
2 bananas, ripe and mashed
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir until combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- To make the crumb topping, mix oats, brown sugar and flour in a small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles a coarse mixture.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, sprayed with cooking spray or lined with paper cups. Top each cupcake with a tablespoon of crumb topping.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack in the tin for 5 minutes then remove from rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container in fridge.