• Can be made gluten free by using brown rice linguine noodles
Lean Ground Beef (or Bison) Purée
Beef and bison are an excellent source of protein, iron, B vitamins and zinc. Zinc is important for healthy growth and building immunity. High levels of iron are important for babies, and red meat is the best source. Iron builds red blood cells and carries oxygen around our body and is needed for brain development and energy.
½ pound ground beef or bison
puréed fruit or veg
- Place ½ pound ground beef or bison in a saucepan along with ½ cup of water. Cook over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Purée meat in the processor with ½ cup of water until smooth.
- Mix 1 tbsp. beef purée with 4 tbsp. puréed fruit and/or veg purée or prepared rice cereal.
- Freeze leftover purée in ice cube trays to easily pull out for future use.