• Can be made gluten free by using brown rice linguine noodles
Fresh Minty Pea Hummus
Step into spring with this minty hummus that is great for the whole family.
1 ¼ cups fresh shelled green peas or frozen, thawed
1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
pitas or sliced baguettes toasted for serving
- Puree first 5 ingredients in the food processor.
- For BABY 8months+: Remove ¼ cup of puree, stir in additional liquid if a thinner consistency is desired. Serve.
- For BABY 10 months+: Spread bite sized pita pieces with prepared hummus and allow baby to feed themselves.
- For rest of FAMILY: Add remaining salt and lemon juice to mixture, puree until smooth. Serve either on top of toasted and lightly oiled baguette slices or dip with toasted pita chips.