If you like the essence of peanuts and creamy coconut, then why not introduce to your little adve
Family-friendly Chicken Tortilla Chili
One dish the whole family can enjoy (even baby!). Great for cozying up on fall evenings or football game get-togethers.
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ medium onion, diced
¼ tsp. chili powder
1 lb. ground chicken
2 cans (14 ½ ounces each) diced tomatoes in juice
1 can (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 ½ ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 cup crushed tortilla chips, plus more for serving (optional)
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 ripe avocado, diced
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (or other hard cheese)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion and chili powder until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add ground chicken and sauté until cooked, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), beans, broth, corn and one cup of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
- For BABY 6-12+ months: Remove ½ cup of soup and let cool. Add the soup to the food processor with ½ tsp. cilantro and two ½ inch diced portions of avocado. Pulse the mixture in the processor until the desired smooth or chunky texture.
- For the rest of the FAMILY: Add tortilla chips and cook until softened, about two minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice, cilantro, avocado and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.