• Can be made gluten free by using brown rice linguine noodles
crispy cheese, quinoa, and broccoli bites
Quinoa is high in the flavonoid quercetin, which is an antioxidant.
Suitable for freezing.
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups fresh broccoli
3/4 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 large eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, onion, broccoli, quinoa, cheeses, eggs, salt and pepper. Pulse until the broccoli is finely chopped.
- Form into patties and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the patties and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until browned and crispy.