Chocolate Beet Berry Bread
My kids love cake with icing, so why not make something healthy for their love of sweets? This easy and super healthy loaf makes a perfect lunch box treat as well as a delicious dessert topped with protein-packed Greek yogurt.
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup canola oil
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup honey
2 cups beets, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the vanilla, oil, eggs, Beetberry Squoosh and honey until combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet, then stir in grated beets.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove bread from the pan and cool.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, cocoa and icing sugar to make topping. Serve a slice of loaf with a dollop of topping.