• Can be made gluten free by using brown rice linguine noodles
Beans are a great source of insoluble fibre, which aids in digestion and prevents constipation. More importantly, beans are a good source of protein, iron, manganese and folate. They provide long-term energy and slow down the release of blood sugar after a meal. Beans can cause gas, so it is important to rinse beans very well before use and ensure baby is taking in plenty of fluids.
1 540-ml can of beans (any kind)
puréed fruit or veg
- Rinse well one 540 ml can of beans.
- Purée in processor with ½ cup water until smooth.
- Mix 1 tbsp. bean purée with 3 tbsp. puréed fruit and/or veg purée.
- Freeze leftover purée in ice cube trays to easily pull out for future use.