Making your delicious leftovers twice as nice.
Banana Coconut Oat Cookies
If you are wanting to create treats for your little ones that are not full of sugar or overly processed flours, look no further. Bananas keep this cookie moist, while the coconut and oats give it a chewy, macaroon-like texture.
The potassium and sodium in oats are electrolytes that facilitate electrical activity in baby's brain, spinal cord, and muscles.
From Jen's Cookbook: Growing Up Gourmet
2 large bananas mashed
1/4 cup coconut oil or canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup brown rice flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- PREHEAT the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine the bananas, oil, honey, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, brown rice flour, baking soda, coconut, and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Do not overstir.
- Drop batter by the heaping teaspoon onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and place the cookies on a wire rack to cool.